Edmond police searching for 2014 cadets | News
EDMOND, Okla.- If you have always wanted to make a difference in your community, the Edmond Police Department is looking for you.
The department is looking for potential cadets to take part in the 2014 Edmond Police Academy.
Applications will be available beginning on July 30 and running through September 20.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21-years-old.
- In good physical condition.
- A United States citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain an Oklahoma State Driver’s License.
- Must have a driving record acceptable to the city’s insurance carrier.
- Must have an excellent history of personal conduct, behavior and employment.
- Must have basic knowledge of how to use a computer.
Cadets must also fall into one of the following categories:
- 60 or more hours of college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and two years prior of full-time police experience.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and four years military experience with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and served four years as a full-time Edmond Police Department jailer.
Preliminary applications can be filled out on the police department’s website.
Once they are approved, candidates will receive a police officer application packet.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured