Kilpatrick construction switches to night schedule | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- While construction continues on the Kilpatrick Turnpike, authorities say drivers across the metro will be able to enjoy the road without the hassle of construction zones during the day.
The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority says all six lanes of the Kilpatrick Turnpike opened to traffic Sunday morning.
Construction is not complete on the roadway but crews will do the brunt of the work at night.
Workers are still adding an auxiliary lane in each direction of the turnpike between Penn and May.
They are also working on an auxiliary lane from Broadway Extension to the Santa Fe mainline toll plaza.
Officials say nighttime closures will continue through September.
If you are driving on the Kilpatrick Turnpike at night, speed limits will be reduced from 70 miles per hour to 55 miles per hour.
Drivers traveling during the day will be able to take advantage of the 70 mile per hour speed limit unless it is otherwise posted.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed