Kilpatrick construction switches to night schedule | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- While construction continues on the Kilpatrick Turnpike, authorities say drivers across the metro will be able to enjoy the road without the hassle of construction zones during the day.
The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority says all six lanes of the Kilpatrick Turnpike opened to traffic Sunday morning.
Construction is not complete on the roadway but crews will do the brunt of the work at night.
Workers are still adding an auxiliary lane in each direction of the turnpike between Penn and May.
They are also working on an auxiliary lane from Broadway Extension to the Santa Fe mainline toll plaza.
Officials say nighttime closures will continue through September.
If you are driving on the Kilpatrick Turnpike at night, speed limits will be reduced from 70 miles per hour to 55 miles per hour.
Drivers traveling during the day will be able to take advantage of the 70 mile per hour speed limit unless it is otherwise posted.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder