Sheriff enforcing “Drive sober or get pulled over” campaign | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Department will have extra patrols out enforcing speeding and seat belt violations Saturday.
They will be launching their 12-hour traffic safety initiative at about 3 p.m.
The crackdown will end with DUI checkpoints at undisclosed locations.
Officials said anyone caught drinking and driving will be taken to jail.
This effort is in coordination with the nationwide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property