Oklahoma healthcare marketplace, here’s what you need to know | News
If you are an Oklahoman without health insurance here is some valuable information for you concerning the new healthcare marketplace.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 1 in 5 people in Oklahoma does not have health insurance.. That is over 690,000 people.
That is equal to the population of Oklahoma City and Norman combined.
Pre-medicare retirees and uninsured baby boomers often have the hardest time finding affordable coverage.
There is a new healthcare market place starting October 1st.
Marketplace Help Center Toll-free Helpline 800-318-2596
To help evaluate insurers, the nonprofit National Committee for Quality Assurance offers online report cards at http://www.ncqa.org/
You can access the healthcare marketplace at https://www.healthcare.gov/
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- One injured in Guthrie school bus accident; no children on board
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- State representative introducing “Merry Christmas” legislation
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog