Oklahoma healthcare marketplace, here’s what you need to know | News
If you are an Oklahoman without health insurance here is some valuable information for you concerning the new healthcare marketplace.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 1 in 5 people in Oklahoma does not have health insurance.. That is over 690,000 people.
That is equal to the population of Oklahoma City and Norman combined.
Pre-medicare retirees and uninsured baby boomers often have the hardest time finding affordable coverage.
There is a new healthcare market place starting October 1st.
Marketplace Help Center Toll-free Helpline 800-318-2596
To help evaluate insurers, the nonprofit National Committee for Quality Assurance offers online report cards at http://www.ncqa.org/
You can access the healthcare marketplace at https://www.healthcare.gov/
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel