Oklahoma healthcare marketplace, here’s what you need to know | News
If you are an Oklahoman without health insurance here is some valuable information for you concerning the new healthcare marketplace.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 1 in 5 people in Oklahoma does not have health insurance.. That is over 690,000 people.
That is equal to the population of Oklahoma City and Norman combined.
Pre-medicare retirees and uninsured baby boomers often have the hardest time finding affordable coverage.
There is a new healthcare market place starting October 1st.
Marketplace Help Center Toll-free Helpline 800-318-2596
To help evaluate insurers, the nonprofit National Committee for Quality Assurance offers online report cards at http://www.ncqa.org/
You can access the healthcare marketplace at https://www.healthcare.gov/
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured