Speed limit drops throughout Edmond | News
Officials with the Edmond Police Department want residents to be aware of a recent change in the speed limit in two areas of the city.
Drivers along Covell, in between Santa Fe and Thomas Dr., will need to slow down as the speed limit has dropped from 45 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour.
The drop is the same on Kelly from Danforth to Coffee Creek Rd.
Authorities say those areas are considered a construction zone and officers will be handing out tickets for speeding.
Those tickets could cost you.
Drivers caught traveling 10 miles over the speed limit will face a $119 fine, while those driving 11 to 15 miles over will face a $139 fine.
If you forget about the change and decide to go 45 miles per hour in those areas, you could see a $549 fine for going 20 miles over the speed limit and reckless driving.
The construction is expected to last throughout the summer and into the fall of this year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel