Speed limit drops throughout Edmond | News
Officials with the Edmond Police Department want residents to be aware of a recent change in the speed limit in two areas of the city.
Drivers along Covell, in between Santa Fe and Thomas Dr., will need to slow down as the speed limit has dropped from 45 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour.
The drop is the same on Kelly from Danforth to Coffee Creek Rd.
Authorities say those areas are considered a construction zone and officers will be handing out tickets for speeding.
Those tickets could cost you.
Drivers caught traveling 10 miles over the speed limit will face a $119 fine, while those driving 11 to 15 miles over will face a $139 fine.
If you forget about the change and decide to go 45 miles per hour in those areas, you could see a $549 fine for going 20 miles over the speed limit and reckless driving.
The construction is expected to last throughout the summer and into the fall of this year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: Two in custody after high speed chase with RV
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan