Speed limit drops throughout Edmond | News
Officials with the Edmond Police Department want residents to be aware of a recent change in the speed limit in two areas of the city.
Drivers along Covell, in between Santa Fe and Thomas Dr., will need to slow down as the speed limit has dropped from 45 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour.
The drop is the same on Kelly from Danforth to Coffee Creek Rd.
Authorities say those areas are considered a construction zone and officers will be handing out tickets for speeding.
Those tickets could cost you.
Drivers caught traveling 10 miles over the speed limit will face a $119 fine, while those driving 11 to 15 miles over will face a $139 fine.
If you forget about the change and decide to go 45 miles per hour in those areas, you could see a $549 fine for going 20 miles over the speed limit and reckless driving.
The construction is expected to last throughout the summer and into the fall of this year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed